WEB GROUPS & FORUMS
Groups are collections of individual website members who come together around a specific topic, issue, area of concern or someone can set up a group to promote their own project. The group can have its own forum, which members can write comments on and post pictures. Read more about How Groups and Forums Work here.
These terms and conditions should be considered an evolving document and any requests or suggestions should be raised with the website changes group and will be considered and, if agreed, implemented.
Date of publication: August 2017
Following are terms and conditions for the AWorldAwake website forums. These include community guidelines, restrictions on posts, how we moderate the groups and forums and copyright information. All users are required to abide by these, as well as to the AWorldAwake website ethical standards, which can be accessed at www.aworldawake.org
You will need to sign in to the AWorldAwake website to access a web groups and forums. Other users will be able to identify you by your AWorldAwake website user name. You can also choose the create a more detailed profile for yourself.
Each forum has one or more topics. Each topic has one or more discussions. As a forum user, you can view discussions, reply to discussions (create a post) and create a new discussion. You can also attach files to your post.
You can subscribe to a particular discussion by clicking on the “Subscribe” button. You will receive an email for each new post added to the discussion.
Terms and Conditions
- We encourage users to post questions on the forum where the responses will be of value to others in the community.
- Search the forum before creating a new discussion – to avoid double posting (posting the same information in more than one current discussion).
- Read all of the posts in a discussion before posting – to avoid repeating points that have already been discussed.
- Do not dig up old discussions. If you want to continue an old discussion (older than 1 month), create a new discussion and reference the old one in your post.
- If you have an issue that you would like to privately address with another web forum user, you may wish to use the AWorldAwake member network and messaging feature. If the other member is not yet in your network, click on the ‘Add contact’ icon (two people joined by a plus sign).
- If you feel that a post is offensive, or that it violates any of the below restrictions, please inform a moderator.
- You remain solely responsible for your posts. Be respectful of others who use the forum, stay on topic and do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or libellous. Avoid using all capital letters or bold – IT GIVES THE EFFECT OF SHOUTING, and is more difficult to read.
Restrictions on posts
You must not post to the AWorldAwake website (nor link from our sites to) any content that:
- is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy
- you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals
- solicits or discloses private or personal matters about any person (including patients, young people, parents/carers and trainees), including but not exclusively personal addresses, telephone numbers or photographs without their content, and including names of minors
- reveals what appears to be personal information about another contributor that would identify them in the real world and which they have not otherwise made public online, including by posting links or emails to any area that would reveal such information
- impersonates any person or any entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with anyone or any entity
- is technically harmful, including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data
- is in a language other than English – we will be unable to moderate these posts
- requests the locking of another user’s discussion within a discussion (if you believe a discussion is in violation of these terms, please use the alert button to contact a moderator); or
- has the purpose or effect of disrupting discussions, causing inconvenience or annoyance to other contributors or site users, including:
- that which we consider at our sole discretion has the effect or intent of bringing AWorldAwake or any of its partners into disrepute
- making comments of no relevance to the story or topic commented against o spamming, ie creating essentially identical messages in different stories or
- posting blank messages
- breaching any relevant legal or regulatory provisions.
AWorldAwake reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time to edit, delete or move any material whatsoever posted to, appearing on, or distributed by www.rcpch.ac.uk and you.
We also reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate a user’s access to the forum facility.
If you post or transmit to any of our websites any content that results in any costs, expenses, liability or losses to the College, you agree to indemnify us for all such costs, expenses, liability or losses.
- This web forum is post-moderated. This means that any registered user can create a new discussion and post replies to discussions without their messages being checked before publication.
- College staff will check the forums at least once each working day, and will review all posts to ensure they do not violate the above restrictions. Staff will respond to queries within one working week, and participate in discussions as appropriate.
Copyright remains in the ownership of the contributor, and license granted to AWorldAwake is non-exclusive. This means AWorldAwake can use any material submitted to the forum, but that the contributor has the right to use this on other sites and platforms.
If you post or transmit any material to our websites:
- you grant us the right to use, reproduce, modify and publish such material elsewhere in our websites and publications – we will always endeavour to seek your consent
- you grant us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content; and
- we shall be entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which we have about you) to any third party who is claiming that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that is entitled to require us to do so.
These terms and conditions should be considered an evolving document and any requests or suggestions should be raised with the website changes group and will be considered and, if agreed, implimented.